Thursday, May 13, 2010

Life in Plastic , it's fantastic


I wanted to write this post a few days ago but I kept postponing it.Until today.I orderer ANOTHER pair of jelly shoes! The 5th one. I'm wondering why do girls like jelly shoes?
I'm sure all of you have a pair of plastic sandals or ballerinas somewhere in your house.
My first pair was a gift from my mother at the age of 2 ! Its purpose wasn't to look stylish but to protect me from hurting my feet in the sea ( I am not 100% sure about that because I'm pretty sure that I got a hereditary shoppaholic gene from her! )




Back to the question. WHY DO GIRLS LIKE JELLY SHOES?
I think it has to do with Barbies and all those great plastic heels we made are dolls wear just because they were super-tiny for our feet! Think about it.. your first shoe experience was with that little skinny blond bitch Barbie ! Our Addiction is her fault!
I can also blame the Aqua band with the song - Barbie world ..
Just read the lyrics now that you are not 6 years old anymore..
"I'm a barbie girl, in the barbie world
Life in plastic, it's fantastic!
you can brush my hair, undress me everywhere
Imagination, life is your creation
"

I asked my lovely friends Zenia and Eleni about their barbie childhood and they both said to me that they liked to dress them and cut their hair!
Zenia also found a picture of the new version of Barbie .. Lets call her the Atheist Hipster Barbie.
Apparently she has no shoes on ..
Let's hope the next generation will find shoes useful or at least stylish.




ps : Do you have a special shoe addiction?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment for Unidentified Lifestyle!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...