Friday, August 24, 2012

Mixing color palettes


I love the excitement of a new color palette in a space. Recreating a new room, adding new tones and combining powerful colors. I remember this one time, I had to choose a new color palette for a client's bar. We chose the colors together and tested them on a small area on the wall and the painters came during the night and painted the whole place. I couldn't sleep that night, I was anxious and excited about the result. This is definitely my favorite part of being an Interior Architect, the feeling you get the first time you enter the room when it's finished. Today I want to share with you a powerful color palette of a living room. If you feel that your living room is kind of dull, add a dash of yellow (yellow is strongly connected with inspiration, joy and communication!) with a lamp or a couple of pillows. A vibrant artwork on the wall will do the same. 

This post will help you copy this room and its color palette! 

What do you think? Do you like mixing vibrant tones with earth tones?

Maria 

Image via // Edited by me.

5 comments :

  1. I love a good hit of yellow! It's such a happy, uplifting colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!It makes it so much more interesting :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE those color tones :)
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green and yellow are such relaxing colors...our wall is actually yellow :)

    http://www.afterflats.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment for Unidentified Lifestyle!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...