Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Fashion meets decor: Burgundy

As I said here, September is definitely my favorite month. Autumn was my favorite season since like ever, I believe it's the best time of the year, I always love new beginnings, new goals, a new wardrobe, and a renovated home decor. I've been through a really strong flue for the past two weeks and now that I feel strong and healthy again I've decided that it's time to redecorate. Burgundy color is my number one choice for my apartment (it's also one of the top colors for this Winter) so I grab the opportunity to share another 'Fashion meets Decor' post with you.

Burgundy color has a really strong personality, you need to be careful how you'll use it. Add small dashes of it, a sweater, a couple of pillows, a group of burgundy frames but if you feel comfortable enough you can also wear the trend from head to toe. When it comes to interiors you can dye your entrance door or your windows burgundy, just make sure you don't overdo it, otherwise your whole house will look like Santa Claus' secret workshop!

What about you? Would you prefer 'burgundy' in your wardrobe or in your apartment?

Maria.

Images via 1/2/3/4 // Edited by me.

11 comments :

  1. Oh Maria! I LOVE this sweater, I also love September and burgundy. Incidentially, I think you may love the interior design of Kit Kemp - check her out on google, she interior designs for boutique hotels - her designs are GORGEOUS!!
    happy September!
    Mary X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love burgundy! And this F/W it is here to stay!

    xoxo
    Out Of The Box

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you by any chance give me the number of this gorgeous boy?jk
    I love burgundy, its a lovely colour and i would love to have a similar sweater.

    Glad you are feeling better!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful autumn inspiration, both interior and looks! :)

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl, you are speaking my language! Burgundy was on my no-no list for quite a while (after all that 90's burgundy/forest green fiasco), but it's back with a vengeance and I am *LOVING* it! Definitely need to be careful in how and where, but dang it if a pair of burgundy skinnies isn't at the tippy top of my fall wants list!!! Glad you're feeling better and back to inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a hard color for me... Not present in my home at all, perhaps on occasion it will be featured in table top decor... it's not a color I can wear either... so, no, not a color for me or my home, HOWEVER, my husband looks great in this color :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sweater! Something I'd wear!

    http://www.afterflats.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment for Unidentified Lifestyle!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...