Wednesday, June 02, 2010

my books are homeless,I need a bookcase!

If you are a friend of mine you surely know that I moved to my new house a few months ago, you also know how it looks like.
For those who don't know anything about it : It's a new apartment not too big , not too small.Two bedrooms , one bathroom & one wc , kitchen and a big living room ! And for the past 5 months I was too busy decorating other people's places (more like special events) so my neglected house started complaining..
On a sunny Sunday morning I heard a voice from the second bedroom (that I'm currently using as a storage ) .. it was the 'Loft Bible' book !

'Hey you!Take me out of here , I need some air '
yelled the Mini Loft Bible to me.
'
But I haven't bought a bookcase yet ' I said.
'
Yes but you have a coffee table , big enough for at least 4 of us! Books need to be shown and read , we feel useless in the boxes'
'But..'
..but there was no 'but' left for me. I had to find a bookcase.So I started a research.


Here is what I found.




Tree Bookshelves from AL 26.89 design.




Vertical bookshelf made of powder-coated steel | Designed by Rick Ivey.



Piola , a pop bookcase with a total new shelf system.


Design from Ron Arad 2009 Associates and Timothy Taylor Gallery(London). Made from Corten and mirror-polished stainless steel.



'Crash' bookshelf-or room divider- by Rainer Mutsch of Austria.





Quetza Bookcase designed by the NEL collective & manufactured by avant-garde Mexico City-based design firm Pirwi|| Ιnspiration from Aztec history.





Project by Luca Nichetto , of the Hook-box fame || made of corian more like a room divider than a bookcase


The Equation Bookshelf designed by Marcos Breder via freshome



Storyline Shelf is designed by Frederik Roijé || Proof that not all shelves need to be flat and straight.



Until I decide which bookcase I like most, 2 of my favorite books 'Mini Loft Bible' & 'New York Interior' are breathing fresh air on the coffee table.




Sleep tight people. June is here to stay
mar.

6 comments :

  1. wooow!!once again an amazing topic!!!:))))dont ask me to choose a bookcase siiil,i cant!!!!xixi

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, i luv all of these book shelves :D , specially the one by Rainer Mutsch. It wud be a nice chic home for ur books

    ReplyDelete
  3. go for the Storyline Shelf !

    ReplyDelete
  4. ax naiii!!!!!k diko mou agapimeno post!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment for Unidentified Lifestyle!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...