Monday, October 08, 2012

DIY Monday: Make your own tea bags

Photos taken by me with a NIKON D3100




Happy DIY Monday! It's my second year in London and I'm trying to get used to the fact that everybody is drinking tea instead of coffee. I'm such a coffee person but I really try to add tea to my daily routine because it's so much healthier. I got inspired from this project by Elsie & Amanda from 'A beautiful mess' and decided to try it. I've bought some loose tea bags (you can also buy loose tea and use coffee filters as bags) and created custom cute tea bags for our apartment. My boyfriend was feeling sick over the weekend so we used these tea bags a lot! I've also printed tiny cute little messages to make them feel more personal.

Instructions
1. If you have loose tea (I suggest this one  and this one from Harrods) cut a coffee filter into two square pieces, fill them with your loose tea and stick them together. (You can mix flavors and smells if you like!) If you just bought tea bags without the hanging thread follow the instructions after this step.
2. Fold down the top corners and hold them with a stapler, leave some loose thread and staple them together.
3. Cut papers tags in your favorite shapes and colors or print them in your computer and write cute little messages on them and glue them together at the end of the embroidery thread.
4. Add a cup of hot water and a spoon of honey and voila! Your unique tea bags are ready!
5. Enjoy!

What do you think? Wouldn't this make an amazing gift for friends?

Take a look at my Pinterest folder 'DIY Projects'

Maria

6 comments :

  1. Maria that is such a great idea!
    You are full of brainstorming I see :)
    xo
    Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! This would be such a great gift for teachers too! I'm thinking both of my boys teachers would absolutely love something like this, especially if the tags had a hand written note from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! Lovely idea and the execution is brilliant Maria, I'm sure your boyfriend really appreciated it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I made tea bags for my friend's birthday years ago. She loved it even though they weren't this cute! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment for Unidentified Lifestyle!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...