Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Trendspotting: the owl effect

Black and white owl wallpaper - Myowlbarn
If you have an eye for trends you must have noticed all of the animal patterned clothes and decorations that are everywhere this season. I'm a huge fan of them, they always make a room look pretty and fun. Today I've spotted a couple of rooms and some decorations with one of my favorite birds: the nerdy owl.
This wallpaper is one of the best wallpapers I've ever seen. Colorful, happy and present in a modern pixelated way. How can you resist it? ( Image from myowlbarn.com). Owl patterned cushions are a really popular choice right now, this one is the 'Owl collection' by 'Jade Devall' and it costs around £58 but you also this blue one from BHS for less (£20), use it as a color inspiration and make it pop by combining it with some monochromatic cushions. 
With the simple excuse that one owl is never enough, add more! If you want to go bold, add an 0wl ceramic decorative in front of an owl patterned wallpaper! Seriously, how cute will that be? Maybe not as cute as the Bea-tea-ful surprise coffee-mug (£14) from Modcloth but still. If you don't like wallpapers but you still want to add this nerdy cool bird in your home decor choose a couple of these West Elm plates (around £4.56 each).
I'm definitely going to add a group of owls in my apartment, I only hope that the boyfriend will be friendly to them and accept them as our new pets!

What do you think of this trend? Do you have any owl inspired decorations in your home? I'd love to know!

Maria


Image sources  1/2/3/4/5 - Edited by me.

11 comments :

  1. I love the trend and the pillow is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those plates! Have a great day. Amy x
    http://www.miloandmitzy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister in law was all over the owl trend until we (her family members) gave her every possible owl item on the market over the last two years. Now I'm pretty sure she'd be happy to never see one again. We suck.

    I however, think that second wall paper is pretty awesome. I'd love to use it in some limited capacity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny! You better not show her this post! haha :)

      Thank you for your comment!

      Maria x

      Delete
  4. I love owls, very cute! I like the first wallpaper very much. Thanks for sharing. Yels xox

    http://www.fourunderoneroof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do seem to be everywhere don't they?! So cute :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic goods from you, man. I've understand your stuff
    previous to and you're just too excellent. I really like what
    you have acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way
    in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take
    care of to keep it wise. I can't wait to read far more from you.

    This is really a tremendous website.

    My blog post :: Our Portfolio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment for Unidentified Lifestyle!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...