Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Styling Recipe: Decorating with flowers


As I've told you before, one of my favorite things during the weekend is buying the week's flowers.
I usually choose tulips but lately I've been cutting branches from all those blossoming almond trees around London! For the last couple of months, I've saved many glass bottles and jars that have an interesting shape or a different size and today was the day that they were finally useful. I've cleaned them and created a small group of flower vases. My hot pink tulips look amazing in them and they bring a colorful touch to all this gloomy British weather! What do you think?
Do you usually use jars & bottles as flower vases?


Take a look at my Pinterest board "Decorating with flowers"
Have a great day!


Maria.




All photos are taken with a NIKON D3100


5 comments :

  1. Beautiful! I love tulips and especially hot pink ones. I also loved how you used the recycled glass jars. I have been recycling all of my glass jars as well and I find that I use them for everything from drinking a glass of milk to storing my favorite salad dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so simple and gorgeous! I need to go out and get some tulips! Such a cheery pop of color (c:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Seattle, so tulips are everywhere - they let us know that winter is finally (finally!) over. I think that a single bloom can be every bit as beautiful as a big bouquet. These bud vases on etsy are a great to make one simple flower look really important. https://www.etsy.com/listing/98639807/locally-salvaged-red-elm-bud-vases-pair

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment for Unidentified Lifestyle!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...