Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fashion meets decor { Add a dash of red}


I love the 'Fashion meets Decor' section because it combines my two greatest passions. Interior design and fashion. I love looking for outfits that remind me of a specific interior or discovering a specific interior that looks exactly like an outfit I've pinned a couple of days ago. Today I wanted to talk to you about the power of red. I was never a huge fan of red but as the years went by I realized that red is a unique color with a really strong dynamic. It should be used correctly otherwise it doesn't make any sense. In our wardrobe and in our apartment. The perfect amount of red is as I like to call it "a dash of red", a strong element that will make you whole outfit/apartment glow. It could be a chair, a skirt, a pair of shorts or even a lamp!

A few notes about red color// 
  • Use red to suggest speed combined with confidence
  • Use red when you don't want to sink into the background
  • Use red to grab attention and to get people to take action
  • Small doses can often be more effective than large amounts of this strong color
Do you like red? Do you prefer to have it in your apartment or in your wardrobe?
Have a lovely day!


Maria


Images via 1/2/3/4 // Edited by me.

6 comments :

  1. I love red. Either for my clothes or at home. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like red ;) But this photos are very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love red and like your fashion idea :D

    Thanks for following my blog and I would love to follow you back :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love red! It is such a fun color too add to any room!! I really like your blog, it's fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is nice post which I was awaiting for such an article and I have gained some very handy information from this site, I admire the valuable information you offer in all your articles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment for Unidentified Lifestyle!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...