Tuesday, April 24, 2012

DIY Project: Headboard silhouette


I found this headboard on Pinterest a couple of months ago and it was love at first sight! A sticker headboard is ideas for small, modern apartments. I've tried to find its original source and translate the instructions from Dutch to English. It's not an easy project but it's definitely low cost and the result is stunning and unique. 
The first thing you have to do is download the headboard silhouette.
Print the headboard silhouette on an A4 transparency paper and project it on the wall, adjust the size of it on the wall and with a small brush and some fluorescent color, paint over the the projected headboard shape! 
I know not everybody owns a projector so I thought this concept could be a little easier if you download the headboard silhouette,  edit the size of it on photoshop, choose your favorite color and take it to your local printer shop and ask them to print it as a sticker. 
So much easier and it's still a low budget DIY project!
What do you think? 
Would you add a sticker headboard to your apartment?

Maria


8 comments :

  1. So cute...perfect for apartment living!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a great idea! Is so cute!
    xx

    http://undisclozetdesires.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I'd add one, but that's probably because I can't see myself doing that neatly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, I love this for a small space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea! Looks great :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment for Unidentified Lifestyle!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...