Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Styling Recipe: the art of a Picnic

I hope you're all still here, I know I've been absent for the last couple of weeks but I've been really busy with the final project for my university and catching planes from London to Greece. I'm writing this post from my hometown, Thessaloniki. The weather here is lovely and I'm currently relaxing in my garden next to my two dogs and a warm cup of coffee. 
A friend once told me 'people feel different when they sit/walk on grass'. His quote sounded strange but I always felt the need to sit by the beach, on grass or snow but I've never realized the true connection between people & nature and how nature makes everybody happy. Maybe that's why I enjoy picnics so much. Do you find time to enjoy a day on the beach or in a park with friends?

Truth is that the absolute essentials for a picnic are simple : friends, a warm blanket & food you love! But if you want to take the whole process of a picnic to a whole new level, I've collected a few extra ordinary picnic settings for you. I hope you like them!
 Greeting from Greece, I hope you all have a great day!


Maria




photos via my Pinterest board 'Tablescapes'

13 comments :

  1. Hi Maria,

    Thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower - now I've discovered your great blog too! Following you too now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria - what lovely pics thank you. We used to have lovely picnics when we holidayed on Ithaca - just take a boat out and pull in at a beach we had to ourselves. I hope you've had a lovely trip home. Thanks for your kind comments and I'm following you too. Annie x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely inspiration Maria! I love a good picnic :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me want to go on a picnic very soon. Lovely images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the cutest post...I love the first idea! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :) I hope you're having a fab time in Greece!

    http://lilylovelock.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picnic by the sea looks nothing short of amazing! I love how you put this all together! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is so pretty and I love this picnic inspiration here :) leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. My good friend the writer, Antonis Sourounis who currently lives in Athens, on one of his visits to my home, took off his shoes and walked barefoot in my garden. It was mid-January a cold but sunny day. I teased him and his answer was γειονομαι με τη γη ,he felt grounded let's say. I always remember that day. He was sooooo right. And so are you when you talk about picnics, and truly such inspired and beautiful ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment for Unidentified Lifestyle!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...