Thursday, July 12, 2012

Home[made in Greece] happiness


A couple of months ago I traveled with John John to my hometown Thessaloniki, in Greece just for a weekend. It was amazing to leave gloomy London behind us and enjoy a couple of days full of friends, family, my dogs, amazing food and sun! 
Oh, the sun (the only thing missing from London), the sun in Greece makes everything look brighter, it gives people and objects this magic glow, a glow that makes everybody smile. I know things are not looking good for Greece right now, but believe me as long as we have our sun, we'll keep trying to make everything go back to normal.
During my quick trip there I visited our friends new apartment and I wasn't expecting anything less than this: a magic terrace garden with a stunning view of the whole city.  Thank God I always carry my camera with my and I took some photos because it was way too beautiful not to share with you. I can't wait to go back to Greece for holidays and enjoy every single moment of my time there in the sun.


I took these photos around sunset while enjoying a glass of my favorite liqueurs, the famous 'Mastiha' liqueur from Chios island (take a look at one of my trips to Chios island here & here).


I hope you have a lovely Thursday and remember that happiness is homemade :)


Maria


Images by me


13 comments :

  1. Thank you for following the Northern Light Blog on Pinterest as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos, so pretty!!

    Gemma x

    http://musings-of-a-gem.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the beautiful photos, bring back beautiful memomories. oh, how I missed that 'Mastiha' liquer!

    Maria
    www.facebook.com/mksquarestudio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do love these photos - do hope you are having a wonderful time in your home country - leaving the dreary cold rain of London behind for a while!!
    I feel like I've had a holiday visiting your blog :)))
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. I have always wanted to visit Greece ever since I was little. For some reason I was drawn to that country. Maybe I lived there in another life or something. I am also addicted to sunshine so maybe that's a reason as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that last photo is just beautiful!
    loving the use of natural light. sunset always makes for the best photos!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow,these images are awesome!I love this post. I follow you now, I will be happy if you follow back:)

    have a nice week, kisses chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just read an article about the light in Greece and how magical it is! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maria!! Happiness is homemade! This is one of the best quotes I've seen recently. And I totally agree!! Filakia apo to Monaxo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment for Unidentified Lifestyle!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...