Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Styling recipe: Dark blue walls

If you decide that you want to paint a dark blue wall in your bedroom make sure the rest of the room has a neutral palette, add some white bed linen, a couple of your favorite art pieces and you're done!


A dark blue wall in your kitchen area will highlight all of the other elements in there.  Wooden floors and white cabinets will be noticed from everybody!

If you add a dark blue wall in the living room area you will have the chance to create a unique dramatic art gallery in your own house.  You can hang on your new dark blue wall either a group of art pieces or just one statement art piece like the golden one in the picture above. 

Color plays a vital role in interior design. The right color decision can make your room look more interesting, make all the details pop and drama is created. Today I want to share with you a few notes about dark blue walls. If you're a fan of this color you'll need to do a little work before you start painting! First of all pick the right room, remember you're going to use the dark blue to create a contrast and highlight the rest of the rooms elements. Don't forget that sometimes one dark wall might be the only thing you need!


What do you think? Are you a big fan of dark walls?


Maria


Images via // Edited by me.

10 comments :

  1. Oh how I love dark walls, and especially this dark blue color! Unfortunately, my husband doesn't feel the same way. One day I think I'll talk him into it! Have a great day Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing idea for my summer house!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, that second and fifth one are my absolute favorites! so perfect for that little added touch of perfection ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the statement dark walls make. Love your blog- count me as your newest follower!

    Cheers, Elizabeth of The Corner Apartment

    ReplyDelete
  5. very beautiful, I love royal blue! it's one of my favourite shades
    thanks for your comment on my blog - I've followed you back :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I am! My friend's bedroom is a midnight blue and it's beautiful! And you're right, the artwork/photos on her walls stand out so beautifully against the dark walls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations for the blog, its stunning !
    i'm your newest follower :)

    santiroyalhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment for Unidentified Lifestyle!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...