Monday, July 02, 2012

DIY Monday : Chalkboard paint in the kitchen

Happy July everybody! This is the first DIY project for this month and I'm absolutely in love with it! I love sketching, so chalkboard paint was one of my favorite materials since I was a child. It seems like chalkboard paint is everywhere right now but is it in your apartment yet? It looks like the kitchen area is the best place to add a dash of chalkboard paint (or sometimes more than a dash!). You can paint a whole wall, or a small area between shelves. If for some reason you don't want to change your wall colors add a big frame(or a group of smaller ones) and paint the inside of it with chalkboard paint and you'll have the same result and your wall will be in a perfect condition! 


What do you think? Would you attempt something similar in your apartment?


Happy DIY Monday!
Maria


Images via my Pinterest board 'Kitchen details' // Edited by me
Tiny frame with chalkboard paint // Paint a whole wall and then hang your kitchen utensils on it!
Here you can see the difference between a big wall of chalkboard paint and a smaller area between two windows!


10 comments :

  1. It is definitely popular Maria! I would give it a go if I had the right space. Have a great week!

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have chalkboard paint in our kitchen area, behind our built in desk. It was my husband's idea when we moved in about four years ago, and I'm amazed with how popular it's grown since then. Who knew my man was such a trendsetter? :) Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're so lucky! He definitely has an eye for trends ;)

      Have a lovely week!

      Delete
  3. maria teleio!!!ka8e mera exeis k kat neo na mas peis!!trelenomai!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Σε ευχαριστώ πολύ κορίτσι :) Χαίρομαι που σου αρέσουν!

      Delete
  4. I love chalkboard paint anywhere in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really great idea, I'll definitely keep this in mind. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment for Unidentified Lifestyle!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...