Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Styling recipe: Exposed kitchen shelves


Happy Tuesday! Yesterday I reorganized my kitchen shelves and while doing it, I was wondering about exposed kitchen shelves.  The open kitchen shelving trend is really popular now and people seem to ignore the fact that everything gets dusty and they might need to take everything off the shelves and wash their dishware each week. I was always a huge fan of exposed shelves and storage cabinets, they always look so pretty and stylish in magazines. Back in my apartment in Greece, I have a new modern kitchen without any exposed shelves, but my studio apartment here in London has a tiny kitchen area and adding a couple of exposed shelves was almost mandatory. I would really like to know your thoughts on exposed kitchen shelves, would you try it?

If you're not sure if the 'exposed kitchen shelves' trend is the right one for you then take a look at some of my favorite kitchen areas that will help you decide if you would like to add exposed storage units into your home!

Have a lovely Tuesday,
Maria

Images via // Edited by me.
Exposed kitchen shelves + Art + Fresh colorful ingredients

Monochrome dishware + paintings + a bold statement coffee box

11 comments :

  1. Hi Maria,
    I love kitchens like that. But for a holiday house, perhaps. Here at my home where I cook everyday, it would be impractical to wash every single item as often as possible.
    Those ones you illustrated your post are just so beautiful!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to put some shelves on our kitchen, but maybe I'll wait until we have our very own house someday :) These pictures look so lovely..

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh yes, I love exposed shelves in the kitchen! These are all gorgeous, I love the all white kitchen look with subway tiles xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah this post is so precious! I hope one day I can buy my own apartment and design every little detail, exposed kitchen shelves and all!

    Im flicking through all your 'house tours' and 'styling recipes'! Its making me procrastinate and get all these creative ideas ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea. It definitely makes a kitchen feel more personal.

    Dust, is something i can learn to live with. :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of open shelves but yes... very very dusty and sometimes not practical at all! But boy... if staged right, they sure look good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im not a huge fan of that solution - everything is covered in dust... And because of that you have to wash everything before you use it... But on this photos it looks good (not everything have to be practical) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment for Unidentified Lifestyle!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...