Thursday, July 26, 2012

Snapshots of my apartment in London

More than a year ago I've decided that it was time to hit the reset button on my life and start over. Long story short, I prepared my portfolio, got an interview for a university, got accepted in the university, bought a huge suitcase, two plane tickets and the next thing I remember is that I was sitting on a train, watching the blurry red brick buildings outside and the sudden realization that this was it, I wasn't living in Greece anymore. 
Actually I had no idea were I was going to live. I looked at John, my boyfriend, who was sitting next to me and he had the exact same look in his eyes. We didn't say anything for a long time, we just smiled and somehow I felt calm. It's seems kind of funny now because at this point I remember this moment in the back of my mind  as if I was a random passenger on this train, sitting across this foreign Greek girl surrounded by suitcases, with fear in her eyes. I know thousands of people do that every year, but that first moment when you realize that you're not in your comfort zone anymore, that you're moving to a place where you have to start a new life, create a new comfort zone, this moment is when you realize how beautiful life is.
After that day, real life started and I've faced all kinds of difficulties that a person can face when they're starting a new life: apartment hunting, enrolling in a new university, crazy landlords,, trying to catch up with projects and deadlines while I didn't even have a descent place to live. Well, as you can see all of these belong to the past and in September a year will have passed. A WHOLE YEAR. Twelve months in Londontown, that's big. I don't have words to describe this new experience, this new life and everything that this city has offered to me. Friends, love, education, experiences and ENDLESS design inspiration. Today I want to share with you some of my favorite parts of my little flat in London, a small but bright and cozy studio apartment somewhere in West London. (I never post ugly things on this blog so I think a "before" picture of my apartment will be unnecessary!)


I hope you like it and don't forget "If you don't like where you are, change it, you are not a tree!


Maria


Pictures taken by me.

12 comments :

  1. Lovely! What a brave move. Good for you! Haha I love your statement: "I never post ugly things on this blog"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post Maria! Such a huge exciting step you guys took! So glad it's all working out. These little snaps of your apartment are gorgeous :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote If you don't like where you are, change it, you are not a tree!"! Genial!

    Also love the "Relax" words... I have the word "Dream" in my bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely photos !
    super pretty, love the flowers and the posters !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post because I learned so much about you. I did not know that you just moved to London a year ago. What a big transition that was for you. Isn't life and change amazing and it can be such an adventure as long as you have the proper attitude. I love your quote as it's so true. We create our reality and if we want a better reality then we have to go out there and make it happen. Also, dwelling on negative things will not open the door to bigger and better things. In order to expand we need to be open and think positively.

    I love your apartment. It's so bright and colorful. Great photos!

    Thanks for letting us catch a glimpse into your life.
    xo, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your snapshots Maria, and I can see that you love to pay attention to details! Thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these pictures! That little blackboard looks so nice

    xoxo Sootjeelina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely know that feeling of being uprooted and out of your comfort zone. But it sounds like it's been a great adventure for you! And your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing quote and a beautiful place you have created! Congrats on a year and all you have accomplished! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh gosh, i want to see more pictures of your flat. this place already looks absolutely adorable! :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Πολύ ωραίο το έκανες μπράβο!!!Και εγω σε αυτή τη φάση βρίσκομαι,είσαι τυχερή που έφυγες με παρέα...καλή συνέχεια!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. do go noi that cao cap khiến nhiều người lầm tưởng là giá cả của nó rất cao, nhưng thực tế đồ gỗ trang tri noi that phong khach, trang tri noi that phong an, trang tri noi that nha bep hay trang tri noi that phong ngu đều có giá hợp lý, thích hợp với rất nhiều hộ gia đình. Đây là một bước cơ bản để tạo ra năng lượng và tiết kiệm chi phí trong việc trang trí cho ngôi nhà của bạn. Những vật liệu có nguồn gốc từ môi trường này chắc chắn sẽ gắn bó với gia đình bạn trong một thời gian dài mà không sợ mối mọt hay hư hỏng để phải bảo trì thường xuyên. tu bep go tu nhien, ghe sofa go, san pham do go noi that van phong hay các vật liệu tái chế có thể kết hợp với kim loại noi that inox, sat my thuat, gia cong sat để tạo nên nội thất hoàn hảo trong ngôi nhà

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment for Unidentified Lifestyle!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...